My neighbors and clients often ask me what should they do with certain items. Please refer to the directory below for some suggestions.
MANALAPAN TOWNSHIP RECYCLING DIRECTORY
The following listings do not constitute endorsements by Manalapan Township and are cited to assist residents with their recycling needs.
Please call for details and appointments.
Eyeglasses and Hearing aids:
New Eyes for the Needy
549 Millburn Ave.
Short Hills, NJ 07078
Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL):
- Home Depot of Morganville 732 617-7102
Furniture and Household Goods:
- Furnished With Love: 732 222-1923
- Love Inc.: 732 542-7012
- Project Paul: 732 787-4887
- Salvation Army: 609 599-9801
- Goodwill: 973 481-2300
- Rescue Mission of Trenton: 609 695-1436
- Habitat for Humanity: 732 577-8160
Hazardous Waste, Paint, Liquid Gas, Pesticides, Car Oil, Car Batteries, and Pool Chemicals:
MONMOUTH COUNTY HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL FACILITY
3211 SHAFTO ROAD, TINTON FALLS
732 922-2234, Ext 10
Monmouth County Recycling Hotline (Call 24-Hours A Day) 732 577-8400
- You must call for an appointment.
- You will be asked to describe the amounts and types of materials requiring disposal.
- Materials must be in marked containers with their original labels affixed.
- Up to 200 pounds of dry materials or 20 gallons of liquid permitted per visit.
- No container can be larger than 5 gallons.
Items accepted at this facility:
- Aerosol Cans
- Auto Batteries
- Household Batteries
- Liquid Gas
- Liquid Paints and Varnishes
- Mercury Thermostat Switches
- Old Gasoline
- Pesticides, Herbicides, Fertilizer
- Pool Chemicals
- Solvents and Thinners
- Used Motor Oil
Grass Clippings, Vegetative and Bulk Items such as Tires:
MONMOUTH COUNTY RECLAMATION CENTER
600 ASBURY, AVENUE, TINTON FALLS
- HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday – Friday 7AM – 3:30PM – Saturday 7AM – 2PM
- Please call for the current fee assessments per carload and other regulations regarding disposals at this facility.
- Asbestos is accepted at the Center by appointment